Welcome to Appy Astros, a blog dedicated to following current & former Greeneville Astros, the Appalachian League affiliate of the Houston Astros. Here you will find reports on current G-Stros, updates on the development of former G-Stros and occasionally an update on what has happened to the guys who have hung up their spikes.

Friday, September 6, 2013

All Good Things Must Come To An End

The G-Stros season ended last night.  This team was fun to watch and they brought playoff baseball back to Greeneville. It was an enjoyable season. I wish these players the best of luck as their journey continues.

But I am not just posting about the season ending, I am also announcing it is time for this blog to end. Just over three years ago I started this blog with a mission to follow the current and former G-Stros. I started it because I was following those guys anyway and thought others might have some interest in what I had to say.  It has been a fun and interesting three years. 

There are multiple factors that make now the right time for me to end this and I won't bore you with the details.  It is the right decision for me and I am at peace with my decision. I am looking forward to returning to being just a fan.

Over the last three plus years, I made great friends in the Astros blogging community.  People like Jayne at WhatTheHeckBobby, Brooks, and Tim at the CrawfishBoxes, Mike at Farmstros, Bryan & James at AstrosCounty, Terri who post in several places and the whole gang in the bus ride forum at OWA.  There are many more and I plan on keeping those relationships going and might just pop up on one of their sites for a guest post someday.  Several have left that option open for me, and I appreciate it. They quality minor league coverage provided by these folks makes it very easy for me to step back and enjoy being just a fan.

I want to say thanks for taking the time to visit me little section of the internet. Your visits, feedback, re-tweets of my material and comments have been the fuel that has kept me going.  I still look forward to discussing baseball with folks on twitter and via email but I will no longer be doing any writing about it. 

Go G-Stros.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for running the blog. It was always great to read, best of luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've very much appreciated the content and the work put forth on the site here Steve, thank you for that. Really!

    ReplyDelete